Monday, September 10, 2007

We went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix last night (3-d IMAX!). I loved it. I was also fond of the plaid sweater worn by Ron Weasley during the final action extravaganza; the front was plaid, and the back was herringbone. I know there are lots of knitters out there who figure out the knits in the HP films. I wonder if anyone is figuring out a copy of this one...

Added: Cirilia blogged about this sweater (and others) back in July. (I agree with her that Luna's sweaters were also excellent.)

5 comments:

Chris said...

I need to go see this movie!! Such a slug I've been. Must see the sweaters...

Holly Jo said...

Yeah. I don't know if I am becoming a better knitter or what, but I was so impressed by a lot of knitwear in the movie.

Jesse said...

I'd love to know who the costume designer is; the knitwear in those movies is always interesting.

I'm de-lurking to say I've tagged you... 7 things are required, and the tag passed on to 7 people. Feel free to ignore it, these things can be annoying!

Anonymous said...

There was also the vest that Ginny was wearing, a rather shorter, goldish with cables that I fell in love with and will have to try and figure out at some point.

Mrs. Lockwood said...

After seeing the movie, I am tempted to pick up the Harry Potter knitting book. Has anyone looked at it?

Also, The Last Mimzy had fantastic knits in it worn by the little sister. Has anyone noticed any discussion about it? I would especially like to make the little girls knit hat with a little lace pattern in it.