Monday, October 02, 2006

So manly!

That's what the pattern says, anyway: Manly Ribbed Socks, designed by Ann Budd, from the subscribers-only site at Interweave Knits.



I knit these as a thank-you gift for my thesis supervisor. All I know for sure is that he wears size-10.5 shoes and likes "earthy tones," so I really hope they fit and make him happy.

The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in "chocolate," and it knitted up into milk chocolate socks with a dark chocolate swirl. (Sorry, I'll stop -- my mouth is watering, too.) The colours are richer than they look in these photos. The ribbing is just *k3, p1, k1, p1* with a shift in ribbing after a couple of inches at the cuff:



I really love the fabric of the knitted LL yarn -- it's thin and soft, nice definition. And I have plenty of it left, no risk of running out with this stuff. (If you have small feet, you could get a nice tall pair of socks out of two skeins.)

We had an hour or so of sunshine today! A nice change from the rain. I noticed this afternoon that there's a pretty spectacular spiderweb outside the window of my office at home. The sun made it sparkle.



I also noticed this afternoon how incredibly dirty my window is!

No comments: