Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Look, knitting!



(And really white legs!)

I started these socks a while ago -- they've been my TV knitting. I've had trouble falling asleep the last few nights, so I knit through five or six episodes of Freaks and Geeks and finished my socks. The yarn is Regia Stretch Color (colour #86), a long-ago gift from the lovely Carolyn. (You've admired all her Australia photos, right?)

So, I don't buy a lot of yarn. I try to thrift it, and I pick up a wee treat for myself from time to time. Well, today was a banner day for this stingy knitter: for $23, I bought two Patons pattern books, a circular needle, and six (!) balls of Scheepjes Invicta Extra sock yarn! A local Lewiscraft store is having a closing-out sale, and everything is 50-70% off. (Thanks, Nadine, for that tip.) I need to check my supplies and see if I'm missing any other needle sizes -- 70% off needles! I showed off my purchases to Bill, and he said, "That brown sock wool -- I guess it would take a while to knit a sweater with that, right?" Yes. Yes, it would.

No comments: