Monday, May 15, 2006

How do I love Hawksley? Let me count the ways...

1. He was absolutely charming at his show in London last night. It was a small venue -- like a school assembly in half a gym, in the dark, and, uh, with a balcony. So it really wasn't like that at all, except that he was on a stage with red velour curtains behind him.

2. Bill and I sat at the front of the balcony, which meant I could set my camera on the railing and take two steady photos without flash:





3. Yes, that is a megaphone you see, and a xylophone. He used them both, as well as three or four different guitars, a banjo, and a harmonica. And making trumpet sounds with his mouth to accompany a few lines of "Drunken Sailor" and a discussion of the word bilge.

4. And that voice! (Swoon...) (There are some songs and videos here.)

5. He's jealous of my cigarette. (Click here for the QuickTime video if you can handle the sexiness.)

6. He should have been a girl -- oh, but the way he can dance, his moves are amazing. And he sang Paper Shoes.

7. He made me forget about my thesis for an hour and a half -- praise him! Back to reality today...

No comments: