Friday, April 14, 2006

Skinny so-called spring scarf

I managed to get one decent photo of my brand-new scarf -- it's so hard, especially with a digital camera, to capture a rich, saturated red. Here's the shot:



Pattern: Like many others in blogland have done, I used the pattern from sheep in the city called "My So-Called Scarf." For mine, I cast on 16 stitches instead of the 30 in the pattern. My scarf measures 3 inches wide and 66 inches long. The pattern was fun and quick to knit -- easy, but not boring.

Yarn and Needles: Eagle-eyed readers may recognize this luscious Malabrigo kettle-dyed merino from two previous incarnations as ill-fitting neck braces warmers. This wool is so soft. Indescribably soft. Almost too soft. If you touched your tongue to it, I fear this yarn would dissolve into liquid sugar. I used less than one skein for this scarf, and an 8.0mm circular needle. Not just any 8.0mm circular needle, though; take a step closer, why don't you?



Why yes, those are knitting needles in my pocket and I'm happy to see you! I own all of two pairs of Addi needles, both bought in Taipei, both filled with gold sparkles: one 8.0mm circ and one 9.0mm circ. So fancy. I rarely use such huge needles, but I love these sparkly gold babies.

I'll leave you with a link sent by Danny, for those who are into Easter and/or cuteness: the Easter Bilby. Cheers!

No comments: