Friday, October 07, 2005

Happy birthday, Mom!

It's my mom's birthday today, and she has a new pair of socks over on her side of the country.



Two balls of Regia Jacquard Color (5272) + a 2.25mm circ = very cheery surprise socks.

One of the things with self-patterning yarn that can go oh-so-wrong is the heel. Since each stripe was only two rows with this yarn, I did a short-row heel. (A heel flap/gusset would have led to severe un-patterning.) The results were thrilling! See how the coloured bits match up? Perfection!

I just talked to my mom on the phone, and I'm happy to report that the socks fit. Also, the general consensus is that they will look good with Birkenstocks. (My mother has taught me a lot of things, not the least of which is a healthy respect for sensible shoes.)

No comments: