Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Slippery!

I just spent the last ten minutes concentrating very hard on one thing, and one thing alone: not falling on my ass. Man, it is slippery out there! There was a snow- / windstorm last night, covering everything in powder, and it's supercold again today, so the beautiful powdery snow has retained its squeak. (In case you've never walked in snow when it's really cold out, it squeaks. The snow. The snow squeaks.) And it's sunny outside. I love this. I saw shots of Vancouver on the news this morning, with all the rain they're getting out there, and I am just so happy I don't live there anymore. I'll take sunshine and 20-below anytime, thanks very much. Hey, I've got loads of wool socks, and they're in pretty patterns, too, so bring it on! Ooh, and I have a gas fireplace in my living room -- did I mention that? Sorry, I'll stop bragging about my farmhouse now soon.

No comments: