Thursday, October 28, 2004

A new scarf

I'm wearing pajama pants in these photos

I'm calling this the not-too-warm keyhole scarf. It's made of one ball of Wool-Ease, which is 20% wool (and 80% acrylic), so it's perfect for this time of year when you don't need superwarmth. The stitch pattern is fisherman's rib [no, it's not -- I have no idea what this stitch is called], which makes a nice, spongy scarf. (If you think of it in columns of stitches, it's *K, seed, P, seed*.) I didn't know how long I'd end up making it, so I put in the keyhole after about eight inches and then just kept going until the ball ran out. As a result, I can wear it with the shortie end in front, as above, or with the long end in front, like this:

blue flannel pajama pants, in fact

Abrupt topic change: Metallica is playing a show here tonight. I saw Metallica twice in a former life as a headbanger -- Am I evil? Yes I am! -- a little over fifteen years ago. Holy cow.

No comments: