Wednesday, October 27, 2004

I went out!

I can probably count on one hand the number of times since school started that I've left my house and ended up somewhere other than the campus. It's not healthy, I know. But this evening was one of those times -- I went out to see Control Room, which was showing at a theatre downtown, and it was fantastic. Well, "fantastic" like grim. I now feel even more discouraged than usual about the state of the world, but that's been happening anyway as the election in the U.S. approaches.

That reminds me: have you seen the "remix" of the Republican convention? Go here.

My presentation on White Men Can't Keep the Condiments on the Hot Dog went well enough last night, by the way. So, what will I be dreading/complaining about next? Let's see... ooh, reading Freud, Lacan, and Mulvey! [shiver] I see lots of knitting breaks in my immediate future. Maybe I'll even finish something -- can't remember the last time that happened.

Is there something hilarious about hearing someone refer to Bruce Springsteen but pronounce it "Spring-stine"? Or was I just really tired?

No comments: