Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Happy thoughts

1. I got through my presentation. No one pointed and laughed, I didn't cry, and the professor didn't interject with, "You're waaay off base, lady!"

2. Mariko sent me a copy of Stitch 'n' Bitch. Yay! She also sent spray candy. Uhh...

3. Regia makes sock yarn that is 55 percent merino wool and 20 percent silk, and it's like buttah.

4. There's just a ton to read in the Guardian. I love the G2 section. Just today: Barbie ("The Queen is dead"), bat mitzvahs ("Dearest daughter"), and bitchy celebrities ("Elton's such a bitch. That's why I love him"), for a start. (Sure, Bush and Baghdad, too, but I'm looking for light reading.)

5. I came across a great as-yet-unpacked box this morning when I was looking for something else. Inside were half a dozen sweaters that I wore the winter before I moved to Taiwan, plus a pair of jeans that I have no recollection of, but that I really like!

6. Beatrix (who has been spayed, thanks for asking) isn't a beast all of the time.

the beast sleeps

No comments: