Thursday, October 14, 2004

Birthday cakes



It's my birthday today! Not only did I buy yarn (thanks, Mom and Dad!), but I used a swift and ball-winder for the first time (at the yarn store -- fun!). Unfortunately it's a gray and misty day, so the photo above doesn't show the splendor of this glorious silk yarn. The story is that it is spun from the sweepings taken from a sari factory; according to the label, it is "Tibet recycled silk" but "made in Nepal" by the Himalayan Yarn Co. I'm going to make a long, narrow scarf from it.

In fact, I'm going to start knitting it today! Of course I have work I should do, but I think I'll spend the rest of the day knitting and watching DVDs. I have The Company (I ♥ dance movies), Tully, and The Believer. Yep, knitting and watching movies. And I've just made a fresh pot of coffee in my Italian stove-top espresso maker. Bea is outside getting muddy paws. Bill called this morning to sing "Happy Birthday" to me. I went to a diner for lunch and had a grilled cheese sandwich and fries. I'll have to read extra tomorrow, but today is bliss.

No comments: