Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Back to school

Yesterday was my first real day back at school -- I'd gone to campus last week for various orientation sessions and meetings, but yesterday there were classes. And it was fun. And I have a lot of catching up to do.

In Taiwan, I never had qualms about blogging. I was pretty much guaranteed that my blog wouldn't cross any lines in my professional life, for example; none of my coworkers were going to find it and read it. (Of course I was careful to avoid mentioning identifying details of my job.) But now I'm here, and I suddenly feel a little weird, a little vulnerable. I've met one reader/fellow blogger in person, since we're in the same faculty at school. (Hi, Jen!) It occurs to me that I'm not anonymous here, in this English-speaking city of 350,000 people. Many bloggers have worked through this issue for themselves ("How much of myself should I reveal?"), and now I'll need to figure it out. In the meantime, this is why I may not answer your questions about which school I'm at, for example, though it's not hard to figure out (cheerleaders in purple -- you called it in the comments, Amanda!). I guess I'm just wary of my own Googlability these days. A little skittish.

Bra, bra, bra. Anyway, look! Here's the lovely violet Peace Fleece that Mia sent me to make the Everyday Cardigan:

yummy

I love my new floor. OK, I have to go and hit the books. xo

No comments: