Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Cat City

I can't believe I'm on the island of Borneo. Borneo! We arrived in Kuching last night, the capital city of the state of Sarawak; its name is Malay for "cat" and it's full of cat-love. Yes, there will be photos! Bill took one this morning of me in front of a big cat statue in the middle of a traffic roundabout.

We're taking it easy today, wandering along the lovely Kuching waterfront and in and out of craft shops. There's a really good feeling about this place.

Our last few days on Perhentian Island were good: I went on three more dives. Would you believe that I was stung by a jellyfish on the other ankle? Yep. I skipped one dive for that, but it was fine after a few hours. I know it seems crazy, but we were actually ready to leave the island on Tuesday -- dare I say we were ever so slightly bored? It was great, and we loved being in the water, but there was nothing else. It's good to be in a new place now.

So over the next five days we'll head into Bako National Park, to the cat museum, and to a few more tourist spots. Ahhhhhh.

Talk to you again soon. Happy knitting to all, and to all, a good afternoon. (And thanks for comments, my lifeline to the good knitters of the world!) xo

No comments: