Friday, April 09, 2004

I ♥ Bill Haverchuk

Freaks and Geeks is out on DVD! I loved this show and was so sad to see it cancelled after only one season. It's been said that "quality television" is an oxymoron, but I disagree. There have been a handful of shows that aired in the past decade that were truly good, like My So-Called Life and Party of Five (for the first couple of years). And Freaks and Geeks was probably the very best. It was so wonderful and authentic, and every episode had me laughing and wanting to cry, sometimes at the same time. If you watched it, you know. If you didn't watch it in 1999-2000, do buy or borrow the DVD set. It'll wrench your heart out and make you pee your pants. I mean that in the best way.

(Our computer has been brought back to life, but we lost Photoshop and FrontPage, so no photos or updates to pages other than this one for a little while.)

No comments: