Tuesday, April 13, 2004

"But I don't want to drink sweat..."

I've been sick. For no reason at all, I woke up terribly sick on Sunday morning. That was the worst day, but it wiped me out for Monday and Tuesday, so I stayed home from work those days and didn't even turn on the computer at home. On Tuesday I went to the hospital (which is one of my favourite things to do), since the sick-day policy at my workplace is that if you don't have a receipt from the hospital, you were just taking a day off, you lazy slacker. I hate this rule. If I'm throwing up and feeling like death, the last thing I want to do is get dressed and leave the house, especially because I know I'll feel better in a day or two if I can just bloody rest. But I wasn't feeling too bad yesterday, so I figured I may as well go and get a note from the doctor. I waited four hours to see the doctor, and she prescribed four kinds of drugs, and told me to eat an apple and drink an electrolyte drink. Very helpful. (No, I'm not taking the drugs; I looked on the Internet for information about them and couldn't find anything in English except that one is an antacid.) And so it was that I found myself in the convenience store around the corner from my apartment looking for a sports drink, thinking Gatorade, but faced with Pocari Sweat.

Anyway, I'm too tired to come up with my own content. But look: it's the lovely and talented Miss Cari modeling her Kyoto! (The day my Billy agrees to [a] pose in a sweater I've made for myself and [b] have the photo posted online, I'll run down the street naked.) And over there: the Divine Miss Em's blog has a bright new look! But wait, there's more: not only did Miss Rachael, the world's loosest knitter, show up in a very sexy tank last week, but she's also set up shop with T-shirts and stuff!
bumper sticker

No comments: