Thursday, July 24, 2003

Rip, r-r-r-r-r-ip! That will be the sound I make tonight as I destroy the Bulky Baby Bibby. It's cute, but it's just way too huge. Plus, I'd like the stitches to be tighter so it's actually sturdy enough for a two-year-old. I'll take a picture of it before The Big Rip so you can see how it looks, but it's gotta go. R.I.P. Bulky Baby Bibby. Bye bye!

I'm one step closer to ChicKami. I finally bought the pattern! Maybe next month I'll print it out, around Thanksgiving I'll make a swatch, and by the middle of winter I'll get started! No, I really do want to have it done to wear on my visit home. Taipei is way too hot and sweaty for me to wear it here, but I think an Okanagan evening will be perfect.

Lots of interesting comments to my last post on the grammar-knitter connection. I love that -- like me -- everyone seems to embrace their geekiness! No one wrote "Geek? Not I!" (Rachael claims that we're all so geeky that we're cool. Just saying that is so incredibly geeky!!)

'Knit' by Derek Root, 2002

Check out the beautiful works of Canadian painter Derek Root. (Just click on the lovely little knitter.)

No comments: