Wednesday, July 16, 2003

"I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again." --Oscar Wilde

As an editor, I feel like this sometimes. Today, I felt like I spent ten minutes taking out commas, the next ten putting others in, over and over and over.

I found out today that the new edition of the Chicago Manual of Style is out! (It's like if you were Christian and you found out that a better Bible has been published.)

I've mentioned the Sidewalk Yarn Vendor down the street from my office. Well, if you turn left instead of right when you exit the building, you'll find the Sidewalk Shirt Vendor. He has a pile of boxed men's dress shirts on display, but here's the thing: he's never wearing a shirt. What is this? Reverse psychology sales? Why would I buy a shirt from a guy who isn't wearing a shirt? I love this guy.

Oh, knitting? Not today.

No comments: