Monday, July 14, 2003

First, some belated progress pictures:

Haiku body done
Its width will shrink in the wash
Pretty, don't you think?
front

back

Second, thanks for your suggestions in response to my small-neck panic the other day. The sweater itself is the perfect size, it's just that the cast-on neck is too small. I haven't gone back to it yet, but I plan to snip and unravel the cast-on edge, pick up the neck stitches, and bind them off in a stretchy way. I'll let you know how it goes. Then the Regia raglan will be done!

Meanwhile, I started Kid Sweater Number Three on the weekend. I'm using another pattern of Kristi's (she also designed Haiku): the bigger bulky baby bibby (the second pattern on the page). I'm doing the whole thing in seed stitch with a lovely, soft, bulky yarn (Soft Feather "Easy") in red. It's halfway done already. Am I getting faster?

For those of you who like to look at different types and colours of yarn, with a little bit of "Engrish" thrown in, there is Kondo Fanciful. Have a look at their Heritage and Fantasy lines from the Autumn/Winter 2003-2004 collection, and Opal and Solitude from Spring 2004. Take some time to look around this site. I promise it will just make you feel good. After all, this is a company where the message from the president begins like this: Yarns weave a melody; Weaves tell a story. Each yarn flaps its wings of imagination. See, you feel good now, don't you? :) I want to make socks out of their Blossoms yarn:

Blossoms 5842 Blossoms 2341 Blossoms 2642 Blossoms 4542 Blossoms 74244

No comments: