Saturday, July 12, 2003

CRAP! Crap, crap, crap. I finished the Crazy Color raglan pullover, and now I think the neck opening is too small. And I'm not the only one; Bill said, "I don't think you could fit a cat's head through there." OK, it's not that small, but I think it's a problem. But the sweater was knit from the top down. So what can I do? Is there any way to fix this? Help! Please leave me a comment if you have any suggestions! Ripping out the entire sweater and starting again is not an option.

Until I figure that out, I'm doing a quick interim project: Knitty wrist warmers. I've always wanted to make these but never got around to it. But I have some fun multicoloured acrylic that I bought at a thrift when I was home in the spring, so I'm using that to make these as a gift for a coworker. I started them last night and used a long-tail cast-on for the first time. So easy!

I still haven't cast on for ChicKami because I haven't downloaded the pattern yet, but that is next on the list. Over the next month, I also have to finish Haiku (knit the sleeves) and make one more toddler sweater (definitely a cardigan this time -- no neck-size issues!).

No comments: