Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Have you heard about Scott Ginsberg? This guy has been wearing a nametag for 910 days in a row because he says it makes other people friendlier and acts as a social catalyst. Really, he's hit on a gimmick; he's written a book about himself and his nametage and gives motivational speeches. He's not a good writer or anything. But it is a funny idea. I went to a party a few years ago where the host put a nametag on everyone's back as they came in, but with names of celebrities; then we had to ask one another questions to figure out what name we were wearing. You know, party introduction game. ("Am I on television?" "Have you ever seen me naked?") So my friend Candy kept saying, "Oh, it's so you!" and then she'd laugh. It took me a long time to realize I was June Cleaver. Anyway, I went to another party later that night and kept my June Cleaver nametag on (but on my front). Definitely a conversation starter.

I knitted a bit this afternoon. I think I must be the slowest knitter on the planet, which wouldn't surprise me. I'm one of those slow people: slow eater, slow reader, etc. My dad used to say I was "slow as molasses in winter." If I want to knit a sweater for anyone for Xmas, I'd better get started. Anyway, the spring socks are coming along. No pictures of progress, as I don't have a digital camera. I hope to finish them this week.

By the way, Barbie isn't pregnant. It was her old pal Midge (who is married, of course!). Midge must be back at Wal-Mart, since my cousin saw her there, despite being pulled from the shelves last Christmas. OK, I don't want to dwell on Barbie. Like Madonna, there just isn't much more that can be said about her. But you must have a look at Harley Davidson Barbie. Hot stuff! Now, think of your old Ken doll. Are you sitting down? Check out Harley Ken! I think this doll is also referred to as Hunky Gay Icon Ken! Wow!

No comments: