Friday, March 02, 2007

Snow day

I wish my blanket was already finished so I could curl up under it, because it is nasty outside today. It kind of looks like this picture, but with blowing snow. Schools are closed. The university is open, and I'm supposed to be in class right now, but I'm not sure I'd be able to get back home this afternoon, so I'm staying in. And no, I'm not going to crochet all day, but I do plan to add a row at regular intervals as a reward for working on a paper that's due on Monday. Bill and Mooky have both gone back to bed. I don't really have anything to say! Time to get to work, I guess. And to make another coffee. And to feel very happy that I'm inside and not outside.

9 comments:

Stacey said...

ugh - I felt like that today too! we have an ice storm but (unfortunately) I made it into work....

Chris said...

Sounds an awful lot like my day - I'm sipping a soy mocha and am sort of working via VPN. :)

Veronique said...

It's just gray and rainy in NYC. No excuse to stay home... :(
So, you're going to work a row here and there, huh? But not all day? Really? How important is it that this paper be handed in monday?...

Anonymous said...

Hooray for snow days -- even (especially?) the self-imposed kind!

Nadia said...

Yay for snow! It's making you slow down and take it easy.

LaurieM said...

A wise decision methinks.

Protagitron said...

I managed to force my way to McGill in the snow at 9 in the morning. Snowshoes would have been helpful.

I think you made the right decision.

Anonymous said...

McGill once held exams despite the fact that all of the bridges were closed.

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

Sounds like that whole area has been pounded by storms lately. I don't envy you. I like yoour reward system… I remeber writing papers and you need to take little breaks just to stay motivated. We have a Chinook today and everything is mealting… my most amd least favourite thing aboout Chinooks… the wind. It drys everything out so you don't get a big slushy mess but it also gives me headaches.