A row had been bugging me: a bright pink row of Peace Fleece that was the eleventh row in my blanket. The Peace Fleece was just much thicker and stiffer and rougher than any of the other yarns. I told myself it would soften in the wash, and it was just one row out of hundreds, and I kept going. Then last night, when I finished my work, I gleefully pulled out my box of new blanket yarn and arranged the blanket in my lap, ready to go. Bill looked over (we were on the couch watching TV) and said, "What's going on there? Look -- this part is all bunchy, and it doesn't look as nice as the rest." And he was pointing at the Peace Fleece. Arrgh! I knew it had to go. So I ripped back nine rows, pulled out the pink PF, felt relieved, and then started to work on my blanket again.
I started using the new colours right away, and it's so interesting to me to see how it's changed, and how different certain colours look next to other ones. Choosing colours is a big part of this project, and a challenge -- of course I could go out and buy yarn in my chosen palette, but it's much more satisfying (says me) to work with what I've got. Anyway, when I finally went to bed last night, I was two rows past where the blanket had been before the big rip. But just think of how much I can get done tonight!