Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A procrastinator's day

To do:
- work on 25-page term paper (due next Monday)

Done:
- swept and swiffered floor throughout apartment, vacuumed living room rug
- dusted throughout apartment
- two loads of laundry (washed, dried, folded, and put away)
- scrubbed the bathroom
- emptied suitcase of tools, screws and nails, etc.; sorted contents; put good tools, screws and nails, etc., into see-through Rubbermaid box
- dyed my roots
- strung a length of red embroidery floss across small living room window for hanging Xmas cards
- addressed and stuck stamps on envelopes for Xmas cards
- turned the heel on my last (sixth!) Xmas-gift sock
- set up the humidifier to prevent Mooky from zapping himself to death on his acrylic blanket
- looked for and found a bracelet I'd misplaced
- watched part one of the Top Chef finale
- two hours of research for term paper (due next Monday)

7 comments:

knittingphilistine said...

Sounds about par for the course for this time of year. Being a TA for the first time this semester, I have spent the past week trying to decide what is worse: writing my own 25-page research paper for a seminar or grading 40 10-page "research" papers written by freshman undergrads. Surprisingly, I've come to determine that I'd choose the first option. But in the event that I had a 25-page paper due for a seminar, I'd probably choose the grading.

Wooly Woman said...

I love the banner! Fabulous picture!

Know what you mean about procrastination. Reading blogs is my favourite avoidance tactic especially for school related tasks!

Jill said...

I love the banner!
At least your house is clean.....

Anonymous said...

i'm impressed, that is some best in class procrastination! and i agree, your new banner is lovely. :)

Anonymous said...

here are some more procrastination suggestions for ya:

http://labsurdite.blogspot.com/2006/12/procrastinators-guide-to-writing-papers.html

Anonymous said...

My house is never as clean as it is right before a big paper is due. Seems my dust bunny tolerance drops lower and lower as the deadline gets closer and closer! Or maybe its just that I'd rather polish the taps on the sink then actually write the darn thing.

Anonymous said...

The grammarian in me is wondering if the correct term is swiffered, or swiffed. Regardless, that sounds like a very productive day!