Monday, October 30, 2006

The Swish

My order of Knitpicks Swish arrived last week, chosen for Bill's black vest. I'd read in a recent post by brooklyn tweed that the Swish shrinks. (Just don't ask me to say that out loud.) So I boldly went where I had never gone before: I swatched, and then I threw the swatch into the washer and dryer with the laundy. And it's a good thing I did -- the swatch shrank in length by 20 percent! I knit a rectangle, and it came out a square.



Of course, now I'm worried that I don't have enough yarn. But I want the finished vest to be shorter than the pattern calls for, so hopefully all will even out. Anyway, the Swish is nice to knit with, especially since I went at it for a couple of hours the other night and am now past the ribbing and into the oh-so-soothing sea of stockinette. Here's a (high contrast!) photo of my progress so far, a.k.a. an excuse for more Mooky.



(No, I didn't knit the blanket. Bill's mother did, and Mooky freakin' loves it. You could throw this blanket out in the street, or into a tree, and he would seek it out and fall asleep on it.)

(And to really appreciate the title of this post/yarn, you can click here. Right, Cari?)

No comments: