Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I love Mona's toe.

No, I don't have a foot fetish. But I have finished the first Embossed Leaves sock, which involves the sweetest little star-decrease toe that you ever did see. In case you haven't seen or knit this pattern, here's a view of the way the leaves blend nicely into that toe:



And here's a clear shot of the decrease pattern, as seen on the plain bottom of the sock:



At the local knitting-group night last week, I was telling Mona, who designed this pattern, that I was concerned about the socks fitting my long feet. Specifically, the pattern states that the Embossed Leaves will fit "women's U.S. shoe sizes 7 to 8½," and my shoe size is 9½ or 10. Mona did explain how to match up the leaves with the toe decreases in case I had to knit an extra half repeat for length, but she also had faith that my socks would fit without adding that length. I was doubtful, but she was right! So if you're a large-footed lady who has shied away from the Embossed Leaves Socks, I'm here to tell you to cast on. They'll fit. They'll look pretty tiny, but they'll probably fit.

No comments: