Saturday, August 26, 2006

Thanks!

Thank you SO much for all your congratulatory comments. Many of you have cheered me on the whole way through, and I appreciate it so much. The defence itself was a bit nerve-wracking, but I passed (with no revisions!). The really good sense-of-accomplishment feelings came two days later, when I dropped the thesis off at the place where it will be bound. Dropped it off and left it there. That felt really good.

Why yes, ~Jo~, I did reward myself with yarn! Just a little. I haven't quite finished my Leaf Lace Shawl yet, but I enjoyed knitting it so much that I foresee more alpaca lace shawlage in my future. Behold two brand-new skeins of 2-ply (laceweight) Misti Alpaca (colour 0790):



Perhaps the Swallowtail Shawl from the current IK?

That's all I bought for myself. I wanted to buy another ball of alpaca to finish my Leaf Lace Shawl, but the store where I'd bought the yarn originally was out of that colour! Arrgh. I do still have a little bit, from the first time I'd started the shawl, so I think I'll just do as much as I can and then bind off, instead of ripping back to delete a pattern repeat. Again, I say arrgh.

So yep, that's all I bought ... for myself. I'm going to knit my supervisor a pair of socks, so I simply had to shop for Koigu. Does this look like an earthy brown to you? Or like a bad purply brown? Please tell the truth:



(He requested "earthy tones," and this is the only thing I could find that was remotely close to earthy, but now I'm thinking I should keep looking.)

I did a wee bit of thrifting, which resulted in two purchases:



Five dollars well spent, I think.

Gotta run -- company is coming tonight. I'll be back soon with sock photos!

No comments: