Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Fancy

My sock-knitting is going much better than my revisions...



As usual, the colour pooling is more distinct in photos than it really is. In the subscriber-only area of the IK site (they're such elitists), there's a pattern by Ann Budd called A Pair of Socks; within that file is a pattern for Women's Fancy Rib Socks. That's the stitch pattern I used for the leg, on 65 sts. It's very stretchy, and easy to do -- basically a 2-stitch twist. Here's a close-up of the ribbing:



I did short-row heels and plain stockinette feet on 64 sts. I love how these turned out. I love this superwash merino from Cherry Tree Hill. I love the colours. These socks are going to get a lot of wear when sock season comes around again.

I'm already into the next pair of socks, which involve a picot edge and a no-wrap short-row heel, so stay tuned for those. And yes, I am working on my thesis, planning to submit the final version on Thursday. They want to know the title! Imagine, assuming that just because I've spent a year working on this that I actually have a title for it...

No comments: