Thursday, February 23, 2006

Madli Progress Report #2

I'm hardly blogging, or reading blogs, or knitting, but it's because I'm working like a fiend on my thesis. (Of course, just as I'm getting my momentum and motivation back, I'm given a pile of 45 midterm exams to mark.) Today, though, I'm taking it easy. I've been spending more time at school than at home lately, so when I got home at the early hour of 8:30 last night, Bill and I went out to see Transamerica (which we loved), and then I slept till eleven this morning, and then we went out for an all-you-can-eat sushi lunch (and believe me, we got our money's worth).

So I haven't had any long stretches of knitting time, but I pick up Madli's shawl as often as I can and knit two or four rows. I've almost finished the third repeat of the main part of the shawl. Then I'll only have twenty-eight repeats left! Wow, time sure flies, doesn't it?



It's not easy to photograph a piece of a shawl-in-progress by oneself if you want to stretch it out and show the pattern, so I just held it up in front of the window. So there you go: a crappy blurry high-contrast picture art!

No comments: