Friday, January 20, 2006

Do you believe in magic?

Prepare to be astonished! While it is very tempting to just Scotch-tape one ball of baby alpaca to each of my cheeks for the duration of the chilly season (sooo soft! so warm!), I will instead transform said yarn into a hat!



I've had my eye on the We Call Them Pirates hat, by Fair Isle Winter Accessories Knitting Champion Adrian, since she first knit it before Xmas (and sent in a couple of photos to the Rock-Along Gallery), and I can't wait to get started. I'm not a big black-and-white fan, so I chose earthy colours of Knit Picks Andean Treasure: "Woods" (dark brown) for the background and "Sunset" (reddy-orange) for the skulls.

So watch this space for the magical transformation! With a simple "Aaa-laaa peanut-butter-sandwiches!" and, oh yeah, several weeks of knitting Fair Isle for the first time, I will present to you (fingers crossed) a fabulous hat.

Next post: Finished Backyard Leaves scarf! (Yeah, it's still pinned to my floor...)

p.s. Did anyone watch Black Widow last night? I was disappointed, and, well... yeah. If I can't say anything nice, I won't say anything at all.

No comments: