Thursday, October 13, 2005

OK, it's fast approaching three o'clock in the morning, and the post I had planned for you cannot be, because Blogger is shutting me out (there were pictures!), but I just read Em's post and thought, "Hey, blog anyway, Dude!" It has to be better (well, for me, anyway) than looking at wedding photos of Ashton and Demi on ET. (Nice fedora. Classy.)

So, hey, you guys are the best. Thanks for all the good-luck wishes with my scholarship apps, and the offers of help, and I'm feeling those good vibes, too. I did manage to conquer the Plan of Study; tomorrow I just need to print out endless forms and then check, check, and recheck that I've included everything before I dump it off at the office. I feel pretty good about it. Which is probably a good thing, since another set of applications is due in two weeks, and that's the moola I really want: the SSHRC. (Note of academic trivia: SSHRC is pronounced "shirk," as in "~ your responsibilities." Isn't it ironic? Don'tcha think?)

So what else can I tell you? I've knit about six inches of Veste Everest in red, which is impossible to photograph -- not that I can show you a photograph anyway at the moment. I'm using a label-less worsted-weight wool (think Briggs & Little, lots of plant matter spun in there) on a 4mm needle, which basically means the finished vest will be able to stand up on its own, peer into the closet, and pick out a shirt for me to wear underneath it. I'm not sure if I should keep going or look for different wool for this project. I also started a Jaywalker sock with that Silja yarn I ripped at the end of the summer. Not much knitting going on this week, though.

Ummm, de-dum-dum. I should go to bed. Full day at school tomorrow. Yep.

Have you seen Cari's photos in Knitscene yet? She's a star. What about Rachael's photos of Miss Idaho? So funny. I'm a cat person, but I'll say this about dogs: they let you put clothes on them.

OK, off to bed. You know when you have to go to bed, but you're not really tired, and you can hear your partner snoring in there? Yeah, that's not so good. Sigh. Maybe I'll take my sock-knitting with me, see if I can get a few rows done during the night. (I did it again, by the way. About three nights ago. Knitted in my sleep until Bill said, "Oh my god, you're knitting again!" This time he actually watched me get started: I rolled over onto my stomach, got up on my elbows, and started to air-knit. I have a Serious Problem.) (I left this as a comment for Rachael recently, but I'll share it will all of you: a couple of weeks ago, Bill told me in the morning that I had said, "None for me, thank you very much!" I was pleased to know that I'm awfully polite even at the deepest subconscious level.)

(Goodnight!)

No comments: