Friday, September 16, 2005

Overwhelmed

I've stayed away from the blog all week, quite relieved to be distracted by the first real week of school, so when I took a deep breath and came back here today, I was stunned to see the number of comments. Thank you so very much. I haven't quite mustered up the strength to actually look at the comments, but their presence is a comfort. I'll be setting aside some time (and pouring a stiff drink) to read them soon. Many of us have observed at various times that the knitblogging world is a wonderful source of support, but I have to say, you all have outdone yourselves. I am thankful for you.

Along with starting classes, dropping classes, and whatever else I did at school this past week, I had another important task to immerse myself in. I watched the entire first season of Lost on DVD. (Actually, I haven't watched the two-part finale yet, so please don't tell me what happens.) I'll be ready for the new season, newly aware of all those vital questions: Will the raft be rescued? Will the hatch open? Who is hotter: Jack or Sayid?

And of course there has been knitting. In fact, because I am superhuman, I started and finished a whole pair of socks in one day, while watching ::ahem:: nine episodes of Lost. What, you don't believe me? I'll show you:



Well, I didn't say they were for me. Some friends had a baby girl two weeks ago. Her name is Addison. It's never too early to foster a dependence on hand-knitted Fleece Artist socks, is it?

Have a good weekend. I'll talk to you soon. xo

No comments: