Monday, September 05, 2005

I'm back!

There are two words in fishing trip. Let's get the fishing out of the way first: crap. There were no fish! We fished mostly in Hay Bay, and it was pretty bad. Bill caught one big fish called a sheepshead, a big ugly thing that went back into the water. Me, I had nary a nibble. You'd think a knitter could at least catch a sheepshead, but no.

As for the trip part, it was great. The area around the Bay of Quinte is beautiful, and we went through are all kinds of lovely towns like Picton and Port Hope. We didn't make it to the sheep farm, sadly. But we had lots of fun, enjoyed the peace and quiet, and saw more herons at Hay Bay than I've ever seen in one place. Like this one:



Don't take this the wrong way, but I didn't miss my computer at all. Not a bit.

And now summer is over. School starts tomorrow. I thought I was ready for it, but now I'm not so sure...

No comments: