Thursday, August 04, 2005

Sweet F.A.



Fleece Artist merino sock yarn is ni-yi-yice. Now I get it. I get the thing about knitting plain stockinette socks with really lovely yarn. The yarn does most of the work. It isn't boring! A plain sock in Kroy, now that's boring. A brown and grey man sock in any other yarn, now that would be boring. But these?



Plus Bill loves them. I've knit him socks before, and he's appreciated them and worn them a lot, but he loves these.

Since the whole pair came from one big skein, I thought they'd turn out to be more similar. (Why aren't they? I don't get it.) The colour pooling isn't quite this obvious in person, though. The brown is rich, and the grey is like pewter. It's not easy to find a hand-dyed skein of sock yarn in, for lack of a better word, manly colours, as you may know.

I have two more skeins of F.A. merino in the stash, and I may just have to drop everything to start knitting it up. I'm not ready to stop with this sweet, sweet yarn.

No comments: