Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Pretty comfy socks



Ages and ages ago, back when I lived in a whole other country, Cari sent sock yarn. Wildfoote sock yarn, to be exact, in a rich reddy-brown colour called Bark Cloth. And now, here it is, transformed into a pair of pretty comfy socks. Beatrix approves of the transformation.



The lace is similar to the Waving Lace pattern from IK (spring 2004). I cast on 72 stitches instead of 48 like the pattern called for. (Who casts on 48 sts. for socks? Small children?) The cuff is 2-by-2 ribbing, and I did short-row heels (on 38 sts.). I probably could've gotten away with 64 stitches, as the lace gives a lot of stretch, but I don't really like a tight sock.



I like these a lot. They are pretty and pretty comfy. In this particular photo, the socks make it appear that I have cankles (I learned that word recently from Stephanie), but I don't really. What I definitely do have is a nice new pair of socks.

No comments: