Friday, May 13, 2005

Four easy pieces

Would you believe I brought a wool knitting project to a tropical island? About a week before I left, I bought ten balls of Kureyon in colour 157 (I think it's new), and I just couldn't leave it behind. I was planning to knit a sweater called Dibs on Ribs, which is an IK-subscriber-only pattern (snobs), but I only like the front of it and can't be bothered figuring out how to change the back. So I'm knitting the lovely Dolman Updated from IK. I've wanted to make this since I saw Cari's stunning version (and fabulous photo shoot) last summer. So far, so good:



I know lots of you are foodies, so this one's for you (just plain old fried rice and phad thai -- about $3 Canadian together with the iced tea):



We've switched accommodations. We were in a busy, dive-crazy place, and it wasn't really our scene. Now we're at the northern end of Sairee Beach in a beautiful little hillside hut overlooking the beach. We went snorkelling yesterday, just walking in off the beach. I'll take pictures. It's idyllic. A little front porch for knitting, even! Perfect.

No comments: