Monday, March 28, 2005

Wavy, not drowning

With only a few weeks left in the semester, it's time for me to start casting on wildly, beginning as many different knitting projects as I possibly can, because why feel overwhelmed in only one part of life? Why not do what you can to overload yourself on every front? Yes, that's why I've started a Wavy scarf:



I picked up this yarn a couple of weeks ago on a thrifting trip. The colour is actually a more greeny blue than the photo shows. The yarn is called Chat Botté (what does that mean, Carolyn?) and -- ooh la la! -- is made in France by Petrouchka. It's a bit lighter than worsted (what is that, DK?), and I'm knitting on 4.0mm needles. I cast on 36 stitches instead of the pattern's 42, because I want a narrower scarf for spring. I have two 50-gram balls of this stuff, so I hope that will be enough for a decent length. Not that I'll finish it before I start something else. No sirree.

No comments: