Saturday, March 19, 2005

I can't believe it's not butter!



I knit this version of Adrian's cabled neck tube yesterday in the softest wool ever: Malabrigo Yarn kettle-dyed pure merino in Vermillion (colour 24). This stuff is amazing. (Really, click on the link to see the colours. You'll die.) The softness! When I picked up Neck-'n'-Arms last night to knit a few rows, I found the Cascade 220 to be distastefully coarse. What is it with these Uruguayan women's collectives? They know how to work magic with wool.

I think I'm going to knit another neck tube, though. I still have lots of wool left, and I'd like something a bit snugglier. I'll cast on an extra 15 or 20 percent of the stitches in Adrian's pattern, and then add a bit of length as well. Let's face it: this one is lovely in itself, but looks a bit too much like a knitted neck brace.



Have a good weekend!

No comments: