Monday, January 03, 2005

Good news: Peace Fleece does soften with washing!

I'm ready for my close-up.

I love my new sweater. This was made with Peace Fleece, sent by the lovely and generous Mia, in colour Violet Vyehchyeerom. The Retro Prep pullover pattern from Interweave Knits (fall 2003 issue?) was the jumping off point; the cable was taken from another IK sweater (Rhapsody in Tweed, fall 2004). The yarn was a bit twine-y to knit with, but after washing, it's soft and comfy. It's good cable yarn, though, because it's not too soft.

c'est finit!

I just can't help doing The Rachael when I put on a finished sweater! I'm very proud of this one, and I've been wearing it a lot. This is now my favourite big 'n' comfy, warm sweater. (If you'd like to see the sweater-flat-on-the-floor shot, it's in the knitting gallery.)

Some of our boxes have finally arrived from Taiwan! They were sent by surface mail a few months ago. One of those boxes contains a Must Have cardigan that was nearing completion, so maybe that will be my next project. In the meantime, I'm working on Bill's gold scarf (he chose the Matthew pattern).

Back to school tomorrow. I'm not ready! Bill and I are still looking for a new place to live...

No comments: