Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Ho ho home!

Thanks for your support! What an insane couple of days, but I did manage to grade all the exams and buy a car before flying out to my parents' place yesterday. Whew! As always, I knit on a sock during the flight. Now I'm on the second Opal sock and flying through it, since it's just stockinette. I'm also trying to finish my Peace Fleece cabled pullover tonight. I knit for ages today! I didn't do any work! How wonderful.

Also wonderful is that the socks I knit for the swap fit my secret swap-ee's feet! Those would be Joanna's feet. You may recognize them (the socks, not the feet): they are the Waving Lace socks from the Spring 2004 IK. Sadly, no swappy socks arrived for me before I left, but it's fun to know I'll have a pair of handknit socks waiting for me when I get home in nine days.

It was so cold when I left Ontario, and it's very mild here. A little snow would be nice, but I can live without. It's nice to be here. My parents' house is surrounded by orchards and overlooks the lake. Today was sunny and lovely. A huge male pheasant came to one of my dad's feeders, and a horde of finches fought over another one. My mom made buttertarts. All is well in the world.

No comments: