Sunday, September 26, 2004

Thrift shopping and bookmobiling, not studying

I went to la boutique V.V. today, and I knew then that I am home. Ah, la glorious boutique! How I've missed you! All the good times we've had together over the years, and here you are, still full of awesome crap that's a little overpriced. I know I can always count on you.

I'm great at shopping for tops. Bottoms, not so much. I've come to the conclusion that my bottom half is just not a standard size/shape. Pants? Forget about it. Skirts? Hit and miss. This is why I usually wear men's jeans or pants. Still, when I thrift I usually gather armfuls of cute pants just in case -- honestly, cute stretchy Gap pants virtually throw themselves at me. (I've got an eye for value-priced Gap, ladies and gentlemen.) It always ends badly. But tops! Tops, I can do. And look at this little cutie I found today:

cable-licious

This cap-sleeved cardigan is beautifully hand-knit. Every detail, every little cable and bobble, is perfect. Now, can anyone tell me of a situation that will call for wool on my torso and nothing on my arms? 'Cause I'm stumped.

I also picked up a green wool sweater, because I have a feeling that it's impossible to have too many wool sweaters in Ontario come winter. (Please advise.) When I finally tore myself away from la V.V., I went to see the visiting Bookmobile!

bookmobile

Check the tour schedule, and do go and see it when it rolls through your town. It's full of incredible handmade books and zines. This is what it looks like inside:

bookmobile

The show last night was great. I love live music. I can't go out again tonight, though, since I was out all day. I have a ton of reading to do. I need to get to it, in fact. I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

No comments: