Monday, September 06, 2004

Each and every four rows

So, the most excellent sweater mentioned in my last post is the Peace Fleece Everyday Cardigan (in Violet Vyehchyeerom, which is a lovely rich bluey-purple with sassy fuschia flecks in it that are not apparent in that photo). Dear reader Mia sent me the kit along with a huge haul of other yarns, in exchange for some magazines from Taiwan. Lucky, lucky me, I know. I'm dying to show you all my new yarn. Soon. Promise.

Yes, I did start a sleeve. And because I'm a doofus, I had to rip about six inches of it back to the cuff ribbing and knit it again. See, the pattern was odd: it told me to increase one stitch "each and every four rows." How quaint, I thought, as I read the instructions again. So off I went, increasing a stitch every four rows. You know where this is going, don't you? Any knitter who has ever read a pattern knows that it actually said "each end every four rows." Unbelievable. I can't believe I did that.

Actually, that's not true at all. I can totally believe I did that. Sigh!

No comments: