Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Hold me?

I left some skin from my ankle on a concrete wall last night when I was on the scooter. Owwwww! I decided not to put a photo up right here, in case some people are sensitive to (a) yucky bloody things and/or (b) damage to expensive shoes, but you can click here for the gory details. (Actually, it's not very gory at all, thanks to the flash blowing out the details. The photo I took without flash is truly nasty, but I think it's best to leave some things to the imagination.) So yeah, when I said earlier that I need saving from myself? This isn't what I meant! (But you should see the wall -- heh heh.)

I stopped in at my neighborhood grocery store on my way home post-scrape to check out their First Aid supplies, since I don't have any gauze at home. There wasn't really anything, except a box of Povidone-Iodine Prep Pads, which I wasn't sure about, but luckily there was "English" on the package: "Temperament be long to mild, non-excite to skin-beep. Make in U.S.A." Uhh.

I didn't buy them.

Before going to bed, then, I had to figure out a way to cover the scrape with something that wouldn't stick to it. Yes! Finally it came to me: a maxi pad! I'm resourceful that way.

Spare a little sympathy for a lady with an injury?

No comments: