Saturday, July 17, 2004

1. Decade

Unmarried couples celebrate arbitrary anniversaries. Instead of a wedding, an anniversary may mark the first date, the first kiss, the first you-know-what, or the first joint purchase at Ikea (or all of the above, if it was a really good day). So why do Bill and I celebrate our anniversary on July 16? Well, that's none of your business! Ha. In any case, yesterday was our tenth. (I know, it's hard to believe -- I was just a baby when we got together.) We went out last night to one of our favourite places to sit outside and have pizza and beer, and then we watched Manhattan on DVD (one of our favourite movies ever).

2. Cloverleaf Sox

You don't think these make my feet look big, do you?

bigfoot

These socks are the first of six for the year-long Six Sox Knitalong. I used Cascade Fixation for the first time, and I'm not sure that I'd use it again. I like that it's sproingy and stretchy when it's knit up, but I think I prefer using regular (non-stretchy) sock yarn. Anyway, they fit really well. They're awfully green, as you can see. I had a visitor during my photo shoot this morning:

hello Bea!

3. Lemonade and cherries

Did you notice over on my sidebar there that I've been missing lemonade and fresh cherries lately? Well, Greta noticed. And look what she sent me:

fruit from Greta

(Don't worry, Greta -- I take full responsibility for any pixels damaged when I licked the screen.) Have a great summer weekend!

No comments: