Monday, June 14, 2004

Eat much?

Plums, pineapple, bananas, peaches, mango, green mango, lychees.

Sunfish (mola mola), snowfish jaw, tuna and salmon sashimi, salmon belly, prawns, clams, octopus, squid, various types of fish for which no English translation was available.

Bamboo shoots, mountain fern, asparagus, fish and miso soup, tofu, "rough rice."

Many iced lattes, much beer.

This is what I can remember eating this weekend, but there was even more. Bill and I went on a road trip with our friends J and C to Taichung (about three hours south of Taipei). Saturday was a beautiful, sunny, breezy, glorious day. We stopped at a big fish market (Wuchi) and then had a big seafood lunch. Then we stopped at Taichung Municipal Park (atop Dadu [Big Belly] Mountain -- how appropriate) to fly a kite. We went out for dinner with J's parents and ate a ton, followed at their house by a table full of fresh fruit (where I was heard many times to say, "OK, just one more piece, because I'm so full!"). The next day, J's mother made eight or nine dishes for lunch. Then the four of us rolled back home.

I took a lot of photos, and I'll put them up tonight. I hope you had a good weekend, too!

***

OK, the pictures are up! (Be warned: There are many shots of raw fish. And parts of raw fish.)

No comments: