Wednesday, April 21, 2004

It's starting. The heat and humidity. The time of year I've been dreading. The sweaty time. Watch this space for endless complaints and claims that I am melting.

You know you've really let things slide in the fashion department when you hear yourself say, "I can't wait until I'm a student and working freelance -- then I'll wear really good clothes."

I learned a new word yesterday, and now I'm itching to accuse somebody of poltroonery.

Here's a link not only to an interview with Lynne Truss (author of Eats, Shoots & Leaves), but also to other language-related NPR programs.

Unsavoury headline: "Plasticized corpse exhibition opens today in Taipei."

And a good point made by columnist Emma Tom about abuse of the term "Orwellian":

Contrary to the citizens of Oceania, our privacy and freedom haven't been stolen by an all-seeing, all-knowing totalitarian state. We've surrendered them voluntarily for fame, or to save a few dollars.
Kevin Spacey Ha Ha Ha.

No comments: