Sunday, April 04, 2004

I want to get my hair cut, so yesterday I was looking at hairstyle magazines in the Eslite bookstore in Kongkuan (my favourite neighbourhood). I had the same problem I often have when I'm trying to buy clothes: I want simple, but I can only find fancy. So I didn't buy any hair mags, but you know what I found? The spring issue of Interweave Knits! Amazing! It's the first time I've ever seen IK in Taiwan. And what's more, there are so many lovely things in it! I know I'm a couple of months late weighing in, but I'd love to knit Polka Purl Dots and the Mandarin Faux Cardigan. I also like the Mismatched Stripes, the Waving Lace Socks, the Striped Angora Raglan, and Salt Peanuts (the beginnings of which I saw in Veronik's kitchen back in September, and believe me, it feels soft and squishy and luscious).

Since it's still April 4 in Vancouver, I can still say Happy Birthday, Christine!

No comments: