Wednesday, April 28, 2004

All a-tingle

People who were at the March for Women's Lives on the weekend have blogged! Check out the tales and photos at Michelle's, Rachael's, Maggi's, and Maureen's sites (and at Knitters Against Bush). They had an amazing day. I haven't done something like that for waaay too long. Need to get back at it when I'm back in Canada. A woman's place is in the struggle, don't you know.

I'm feeling a bit burnt out these days. A little squirrelly. Maybe a tad homesick. I'm tired. I'm blah. I need a holiday. A coworker brought photos in to work today of a four-day hiking trip she went on recently in one of Taiwan's national parks. Many people here travel in tour groups, so there were photos of twenty-odd people marching along a mountain trail. My immediate reaction was to scoff ("Can you not even get away from people in the bloody mountains here?"), but then I realized something: I haven't been to the mountains at all. Going with a herd must be better than not going at all. Anyway, looking at photos of mountains and wilderness made me feel homesick. And claustrophobic. I need some space, and peace and quiet. I think Bill and I will go to Hualien next weekend. Hopefully that will tide me over for a while. Whine, whine, whine. Sorry 'bout that.

I'm totally avoiding my nearly finished Must Have cardigan. I think what I might do is -- gasp! -- pack the pieces nicely away for the summer and seam it up at a later date. I'm just not into it, and I don't want to do a bad job. I think it's time to move on, and I have a box of Kureyon under my bed that has been taunting me mercilessly for a couple of months. I can't take it anymore. I must answer its call. Those little Japanese voices are keeping me up at night.

No comments: