Thursday, February 05, 2004

This is a karate dojo, not a knitting class! *

I spent a little time cranking out my top-down raglan last night. In fact, I sat for two hours knitting with Beatrix asleep in my lap, lucky me. I'm still working in black -- haven't even joined to work in the round yet (remember, it's a V-neck). It's quite a thick fabric. I'm not very happy with my raglan increases (k1ktbl of one stitch), but I'm not ripping now. I think I'm going to call this the Hurdle Sweater. Of course I want it to be wearable, but it's OK with me if it ain't a work of art. I just need to know that I can do it. Actually no, I do know that I can do it; I just need to do it. And then wear it. And then say, "Why, yes, I did make this!"

* Those two hours on the couch last night were spent watching The Karate Kid. That Ralph Macchio was such a cutie. Now I want to see The Outsiders again, with its bevy of '80s dreamboats. Oh, how I loved all of these bad boys.

No comments: