Thursday, January 15, 2004

Ted Nugent has a reality TV show? Spalding Gray is missing? Our new prime minister is getting good vibes from President Bush? Oh my god, look at Celine Dion! I'm going to stop reading the news.

I took the day off yesterday, which was lovely. Slept in a bit, played with Beatrix, went for a coffee and worked on my mini-ringel sock (about three inches of foot to go before beginning decreases for the toe), went to the yarn shop to buy a long 3mm circular needle for future sock experimentation, walked down to Kongkuan, bought bread at a rare good bakery, and ended up at a second-run theatre watching 28 Days Later. It wasn't really the right film for a sunny day matinee, and it's not the kind of film about which one can say "I liked it," but I would recommend it. On a dark and rainy night, maybe. When you're with someone else. It's intense. After that, I went to the café I like and had a smoothie and fried tofu while reading Middlesex. What a nice day! I need to do that more often.

And at work today, something is happening that never happens. OK, I'm wearing a long-sleeved white T-shirt with a pale blue (cashmere!) cardigan. My mate Danny is wearing a white button-down shirt and a pale blue wool pullover. The receptionist is wearing a white button-down shirt and a pale blue cardigan. We're like a cult. I wish I had my camera.

Here's another good link from Carolyn:

Pholph's Scrabble Generator

My Scrabble© Score is: 19.
What is your score? Get it here.


(p.s. Will someone please leave another comment below? This Evander guy is bugging me.)

No comments: