Monday, August 25, 2003

It's all just so easy here!

I slept in this morning, had peaches and blackberries for breakfast, and then hit the road to do a little yarn shopping. Just a few basics. Here's what I bought today:

  • 3 balls of Bernat Hot Sox in Hot Tamale (just like Anna)
  • 2 balls of Patons Kroy 4-ply sock yarn in Flax
  • 1 ball of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in Natural Ombre
  • 1 ball of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in Potpourri Ombre
  • 1 apocalypse-sized ball of said cotton in Natural (it's like a theatre prop, it's so big!)
  • 1 ball of Patons Melody Quick & Cozy in green (so I can actually finish the long-abandoned Joseph sweater)
  • a Patons Classics pattern booklet of kids' sweaters in Look At Me! yarn
  • a booklet called Knit Stitches & Easy Projects
  • the current issue of Vogue Knitting (to which I say, a magazine is a business, and a beautiful cover sells, and I couldn't care less if Daryl Hannah can't purl)
  • Sally Melville's book The Knit Stitch

  • Buying this stuff was so much fun. I bought the Hulk-sized ball of cotton for a ChicKami. Do you think it would work? Or some kind of tank, anyway. Oh, and I need some advice. So now I own The Knit Stitch and Knitting for Dummies. I also saw Debbie Bliss's Step-by-Step Knitting Workbook today. Would you recommend that I buy it? It has such pretty pictures, but does it offer anything that my other two books don't cover?

    No comments: